Between bathing, showering, and getting ready for work, people spend a lot of time in the bathroom. If you’re sick of your old looking bathroom, or it’s not large enough to accommodate you anymore, call Titan Plumbing and Electric and ask about our bathroom remodeling services.
Not only do we provide expert repair and installations, but we’ve also partnered with the award-winning remodeling experts at The Bath & Kitchen Gallery in Tampa to ensure you get the best bathroom for your needs.
Do you have multiple pipe leaks in the house? See if our repiping services can help.
How to Know if You Need Bathtub Repair
While your bathtub is one of the most durable fixtures in the house, over time, it wears out. Whether it’s damage caused by cleaners or chips caused by age, eventually, you should consider a bathtub repair or replacement. Here are signs it’s time to get a new tub.
- Chips: Chipping porcelain may not seem like a big deal, but they can grow into cracks later, which leads to leaks and can hurt your skin.
- Leaks: Water leaking into the home is never good, and can lead to damage to your foundation and your floors.
- Stains: If your tub is dingy, moldy, and stained, it looks awful and can lead to health problems like breathing issues.
- Uncomfortable: Slipping into a relaxing bath is therapeutic, but if your tub is too small and cramped, you can’t enjoy yourself.
- Aesthetics: Let’s face it, those pink and baby blue tubs were cool back in the 70s, but look out of place today.
Call Titan Plumbing and Electric to find out what kind of tub options are available to you.
Things to Consider When Remodeling a Bathroom
The bathroom has to be functional as well as aesthetically pleasing, so here are a few things to consider if you want to remodel your bathroom. The first thing to think about is changing the position of the toilet, so it’s not the first thing you see when going in. Many times, bathroom doors are left open, and guests walking by don’t want to see a toilet. Also, consider your cabinet space and having enough so that you can store things away to give your bathroom a cleaner look. Good lighting is vital, too, so think about adding a new lighting scheme with accent lights, ambient lights, and decorative lights. Our experts will show you some fantastic things you can do with your bathroom when you remodel it.
Clogged drains aren’t just a nuisance; they can burst and cause water damage. Check out our drain cleaning service for expert cleaning!
Is It Time to Ditch the Bathtub?
Many homeowners are getting rid of the tub and opting for walk-in showers because showers maximize convenience, save space, and are ideal for smaller bathrooms. If you’re worried about losing the relaxation of sitting in a tub, consider the variety of showerheads, built-in music players, and body sprayers that can make the shower a luxurious experience too.