If your wiring is outdated or wasn’t installed correctly, the potential danger to your home is high. Thousands of US residents experience electrical fires each year. Still, you can avoid that disaster by calling Titan Plumbing and Electric to inspect your Tampa, FL home’s wiring to be sure it’s safe.
If you experience frequent power surges, check out our breaker panel repair & replacement service to find out if it’s the answer to your problems.
Warning Signs That You Need Wiring Repair or Replacement
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that saying is especially true with your home’s wiring. Ensuring your household wiring is installed correctly, and safe is key to preventing disasters like electrical shock and fires. Here are some common signs warning you that you need to replace your wiring ASAP.
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips: If your circuit breaker frequently trips, as in multiple times a month or more, it’s a sure sign that there is something potentially dangerously wrong with the wiring in your home.
- Buzzing, Dimming, or Flickering Lights: Another symptom of faulty wiring is lights that buzz, go dim, or flicker if you turn on an appliance.
- Frayed or Chewed Wires: Rodents and pets are notorious for chewing on electrical wires. Damaged wires are hazardous and can cause fire and electrical shocks if not fixed right away.
- Warm or Vibrating Outlets: Feel the outlets and notice if they’re warm or vibrating because it could indicate loose wires.
- Burning Odors: If you smell a burning odor coming from an outlet, call a professional immediately.
When Should You Upgrade Your Home’s Wiring?
One telltale sign that you should upgrade your home’s wiring is if the current wires are in bad shape, such as being frayed or chewed. Also, if your home was built in the 60s or 70s, chances are it contains aluminum wiring, and homes built in the 40s and 50s used non-metallic wiring and need replacing today because it’s outdated and are safety hazards. Also, look at your home’s outlets and if you see any two-pronged outlets, mark those for upgrades to three-pronged outlets as soon as you can because the extra grounding can save your devices by reducing the risk of shock. Lastly, if you don’t get enough power for all of your appliances and gadgets, consider an upgrade to your wiring.
If you want to enjoy your indoor living space more, check out what we can do with our indoor lighting service.
Benefits of New Wiring
One of the most important benefits of installing new wiring and upgrading your home’s electrical system is it reduces the risk of electrical fires and shocks caused by overloaded circuits. Here are a few other benefits to rewiring your house.
- Increased capacity
- Increased protection for residents and appliances
- Easier to plug in and use your electronic devices and appliances
If you’re not sure about your home’s wiring, give us a call for an inspection.