The safety of your drinking water is imperative to the health of you and your family. However, if you experienced a sudden change in water pressure, it could affect the quality of the water coming into the house. At Titan Plumbing and Electric, please rest assured that the water you drink and cook with is safe. Call us today for an appointment.
Are your water bills rising for no apparent reason? It could be an undetected water leak. Check out our water leak detection service!
What Is Backflow Testing?
Your home’s water stays at a standard pressure so it can move from one part of the house to another. However, if you have a sudden change in the water pressure because of freezing or water main, contaminated water can enter the system. While backflow prevention devices can help, they sometimes fail, which is why it’s essential to have professional testing to ensure the safety of your drinking water.
How to Prevent Backflow
The best way to prevent backflow is by calling a backflow testing company for annual inspection so they can detect any contamination in your water supply. Also, professional plumbers can install devices in your water system that allows the direction of water flowing one way. If the flow reverses, the device stops contaminated water from getting into the system. Ask your plumber about devices such as hose bibs and pressure vacuum breakers to guard your family against contaminated water.
If your water heater can’t meet your hot water demands anymore, check out our tankless water heater service and find out if it’s right for you.
Is Your Water Contaminated?
Now that you know how water becomes contaminated through backflow and changes in water pressure. Let’s look at the signs telling you that there’s a problem.
- Water that is discolored, such as brown, yellow, or even pink are signs you have contaminated water.
- If your water has an odor of sulfur, it could be contaminated.
- If you’ve experienced water flow issues such as changing pressure or interruption of service, it’s wise to check for contamination.
- If you see particles of rust or sediment in the water, call for testing right away.
- If you notice slow drains or corresponding increases and decreases in water levels through the house, it could be a sign of trouble.
If you notice any of the above signs or if your water tastes different than before, call Titan Plumbing and Electric and ask about our backflow testing service to make sure you’re getting the safest water to drink.