Imagine coming home after a stressful day and sinking into a bubbling hot tub. Maybe you think owning a hot tub is too much of a hassle or that they’re too expensive. Call Titan Plumbing and Electric today for an appointment in Tampa, FL and find out how easy it is to own a hot tub and what options are available to you.
Do you have enough smoke detectors in the house? Check out our smoke detector installation and be sure.
Hot Tub Benefits
People consider hot tubs a luxury, much like a pool, but like pools, hot tubs have many health benefits that you should consider getting one. Here are a few things to consider.
- Relaxing in a hot tub lowers blood pressure and can relieve hypertension.
- Steam from the hot water helps to clear nasal passages and reduce the effects of allergies.
- Some studies suggest that spending 30 minutes a day relaxing in a hot tub can lower blood sugar levels, which is ideal for people who have diabetes.
- Relaxing in a hot tub reduces stress. Chronic stress poses severe risks to your health.
- Soaking in a hot tub promotes better sleep allowing you to feel more rested and energized the next day.
If you’re still on the fence about a hot tub installation, call Titan Plumbing and Electric for a consultation.
Myths About Owning a Hot Tub
Many people dream about owning a hot tub but never realize that dream because they believe the many myths about hot tub ownership. Here are just a few myths that might be keeping you from living a dream.
- Too Hard to Clean: Many people have heard that cleaning a hot tub is a lot of work, but the truth is it only takes a few minutes a week to keep the water in perfect shape.
- You Must Drain It Frequently: Another myth that pops up is that you must drain the hot tub all the time, but the truth is that, depending on how much you use it, water changes come only every three to six months.
- Not Worth the Price: True, hot tubs are an expense, but when you consider the health benefits and the relaxation it provides, many people wonder how they ever lived without a hot tub once installed.
Power surges don’t just come from lightning strikes; they come from inside the home too. Check out how a whole house surge protector can protect your electronics.
Why You Need Professional Hot Tub Installation
Installing a hot tub isn’t as involved as installing a pool, but you still need the assistance of a professional electrician to ensure the job is done right and safely. While installing a hot tub is usually a one or two day job, you must be careful with the wiring, and leave it to the pros. You must wire a hot tub into a GFCI protected 220-240V or 60 AMP circuit for safety. Also, install a manual disconnect device between the breaker and the hot tub to ensure against false trips. Lastly, you must be aware of local building codes, which your local electrician knows.