One thing that can make or break any kitchen is the sink. If you love cooking, the sink is just as important as your oven, which is why you must enjoy using it and that it makes it easier for you to prepare food. Whether it’s a new fixture installation or the addition of a garbage disposal, Titan Plumbing and Electric is the company to call when you want to upgrade your kitchen sink. Call us and let us show you what we can do for your Tampa, FL home.
Sometimes a clog is so stubborn that only our hydro-jetting service can fix it right.
How to Prevent Clogged Kitchen Sinks
If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, you’re bound to suffer from a backed-up kitchen sink sometimes. The key to dealing with clogs is to do your best to prevent them in the first place, and here are a few tips for doing just that.
- Pour cooking grease into a disposable container like a coffee can and put it in the trash instead of down the drain.
- Dump coffee grounds into the trash or throw them on a mulch pile in the yard.
- Use a screen or drain grate to prevent food debris from going down the drain.
- Consider adding a garbage disposal to chop up waste.
- Put some baking soda and hot water down the drain a few times a week to prevent clogs and odors.
- Pour a cup of vinegar in the drain, let it sit for about a half-hour, then pour boiling water down the drain to help remove organic buildup.
Benefits of Timely Faucet Replacement
Today, there are a variety of new faucets on the market to make your life in the kitchen more accessible and more fun. If you’re still using the old faucet that came with the home, maybe one with a larger sink to accommodate large pots and pans will make washing up easier. Smart faucets are becoming all the rage too. Today’s smart faucets don’t require handles to turn them on or off, and many can pair with services like Apple HomeKit or Alexa to deliver the perfect amount of water on command. Lastly, a new fixture installation can give you a more efficient faucet that saves water and money. Call us today to find out what options are available for your home.
If your water heater is making strange sounds or the water is rusty, check out our water heater services for repair or replacement.
Do You Need a Garbage Disposal?
If you’ve never considered a garbage disposal installation, maybe now is the time to do so. Here are some of the top benefits of getting one of these handy appliances.
- Saves Time: Using a garbage disposal saves time when cleaning up after dinner since most of your food scraps go right down the drain.
- Reduced Trash: With less food waste to throw out, you don’t put out as much garbage.
- Less Odor: When you put food scraps in the trash, it isn’t long before it begins to stink up your kitchen. With less food in the garbage, you have less odor.
Just like any appliance, there are different types of garbage disposal units from which to choose. Call us and let us show you the benefits of each unit and which one we recommend for your home.