If you’re like most families, you don’t want to be the last one in the shower in the morning because you know you won’t have much hot water left, if any. Instead of fighting over who gets the shower first, call us and find out if a tankless water heater is right for you and your Tampa, FL home.
If your home is over 75 years old, the pipes may be in danger of bursting because of corrosion. Check out our repiping service for help.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Are you thinking about getting a tankless water heater but are still on the fence? Here are the top benefits to consider before you purchase one:
- A tankless or on-demand water heater uses 30 to 50 percent less energy than a standard water heater, which means you save money on your utility bill every month.
- You also get the benefit of having instant hot water instead of waiting for it to heat up, as is the case with tank-based systems.
- The most significant advantage is that you never run out of hot water, which means no more fighting over who gets the shower first thing in the morning.
If you’re still on the fence about how a tankless water heater benefits your family, call us and let us assess your needs and recommend the best unit for you.
How to Maintain a Tankless Water Heater
The best way to ensure your tankless water heater or any appliance lasts as long as possible is to keep them well-maintained. For tankless water heaters, you can keep them in tip-top running order by following these steps.
- Turn off the energy source to the water heater, whether it’s gas or electric.
- Close the water valves attached to the system.
- Disengage the purge port valve caps.
- Place a hose to each valve.
- Open the port valves.
- Flush the system with about 9.5 liters of white vinegar.
If you’re in doubt about the best way to maintain your tankless water heater, call Titan Plumbing and Electric and ask about our tankless water heater service.
If you have stubborn drain clogs that return no matter what you do, check out our drain cleaning services for help.
Tankless Water Heater or Tank? Which Is Best?
At Titan Plumbing and Electric, we help homeowners identify the best system for each home based on the following criteria: Number of people in the home, hot water demand, hot water usage, importance of energy efficiency, age of system and budget.
The right size system is critical to ensure it meets your hot water demands. Basing a recommended hot water system, whether tank or tankless, on the size of the home versus demand and usage is never a good idea. You could end paying for the wrong size tank or tankless system, and it cost you more in the long run.
Let our professional team assess your current situation, what you want your system to be able to do, the space you have available and financing options to ensure you get the best system possible at a great, affordable price the very first time.