Both natural and artificial light inside the home can have a dramatic effect on the look, feel, and function of your interior space. However, many people don’t understand how to position lights and what bulbs to use for a given area. Let the experts at Titan Plumbing and Electric examine your interiors and recommend options like track lighting, recessed lighting, and dimmer switches to make your Tampa, FL home more elegant and functional.
Lights that flicker and buzz when you use an appliance signals danger. Check out our wiring repair and replacement service for help.
Is Track Lighting Right for Your Home?
If most of the light in your home comes from lamps or overhead fluorescent lights, you may want to look into track lighting to give your home a new, contemporary look. Here are a few benefits to installing track lights in your house.
- Easy Installation: Track lighting is as easy to install as regular lights, but requires more attention to placement.
- Highlights Specific Features: Let’s say you have a prized piece of art or sports memorabilia you want to show off. Track lighting is the perfect choice for highlighting anything you want people to notice.
- A Variety of Styles: Another benefit with track lighting is the variety of fixture styles from which to choose. With so many options, you can create virtually any look you want from antique to modern.
If you’re on the fence about track lighting, call Titan Plumbing and Electric and let us show you what track lights can do to enhance the ambiance of your home today.
Should You Upgrade to LED Lights?
When winter arrives and the days become shorter, people spend more time indoors with their lights on. With lights running longer, it’s natural to see a spike in your electric bill, especially if you’re still using incandescent lights. Here are a few reasons to consider upgrading to LED lights.
- LED lights are more energy-efficient and last longer, which saves you money.
- LED lights are safer because they’re made of sturdy plastic instead of glass, making them less prone to shattering. Also, if they do break, you don’t have to worry about exposure to mercury.
- LED lights come in a variety of colors and styles, allowing you to create just the right mood for any occasion.
If you’re still on the fence about making the jump to LED lights, call us and let us show you the difference they can make in your home.
Are you ready for a power failure? If not, check out our whole house generator services today!
Do You Need Dimmer Switches?
Dimmer switches allow the user to adjust the voltage to a light fixture, which controls the brightness. The best thing about dimmer switches is that most don’t require specialized wiring, and installation is done in a few minutes. Dimmer switches allow you to dim lights, which can save you money and make the bulb last longer. Also, you can easily set the right mood for things like movie night or romantic time by dimming lights.