Your home’s main sewer line is the most significant drain in the house and can be affected by a variety of issues. Unfortunately, a main sewer line installation and repair is best left to the professionals. At Titan Plumbing and Electric, we’ve seen virtually every kind of sewer line problem and know how to fix them. If you have issues with your main sewer line, call us for help.
If you have a clog that keeps coming back no matter what you do, check out our drain cleaning service for relief.
Private Sewer line Rebate Program
Pinellas County Utilities is offering one-time rebates to eligible property owners of single-family homes for the cost of inspecting and replacing or rehabilitating (lining) their private sewer lateral (PSL). Rebates will not be provided for point repairs, restoration or maintenance to PSLs.
Single-family homes identified in the red sections of the map may be eligible for PSL rebates.
- Eligible PSL sewer customers can receive 100% rebate of the inspection cost. It takes 60 seconds to see if you qualify.
- Eligible sewer customers who apply for a full PSL replacement or rehabilitation rebate can receive 50% up to $3,500 of the cost.
- Rebates are limited and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis until funds run out.
Pinellas County utility is offering rebates.
That cover 100% of the cost of sewer line inspections with outside access and 50% of most sewer line repairs up to $3500. Including installing outside access.
Through Sept. 30th, 2023.
First serve until funds run out.
Call us and ask for Corbin to check your eligibility.
ACTION REBATE DEADLINE PSL inspection is complete on or after October 1, 2022. 90 days from the date of the inspection. PSL replacement or rehabilitation is complete. 90 days from the date the inspection date closing the related PSL permit.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair
Since every drain in your home leads to the main sewer line, the main line must be in tip-top shape. However, for a variety of reasons, the main sewer line can become compromised. Here are the most common signs telling you that you need main sewer line replacement or repair.
- Sewage Backup: If you have raw sewage backing up into your home, it’s likely a blockage in the main line that’s to blame.
- Odor: If you smell sewer gas in or around the house, chances are there is a rupture in the main sewer line.
- Mold: In addition to the smell, sometimes the growth of mold is a sign you have a break in your main sewer line.
- Slow Drains: Slow drains mean there is a block somewhere in the system, and often it’s in the main line.
- Lush Patches On Lawn: If you notice some areas of your lawn that are overly green and lush, it’s a sign that you have a leak in your main sewer line.
Call us if you notice any of the above symptoms and let us determine where the problem is and the best way to fix it.
What Causes Sewer Line Damage?
The main sewer line out of your home takes a beating day in and out with constant use. Like any pipe in your system’s plumbing, the main sewer line is prone to problems like clogs and leaks. So, what are the most common causes of sewer line damage?
Sagging due to the shifting of the earth is a primary cause of sewer one damage because it leads to weakened joints, which begin to leak. Also, tree root infiltration is another big problem. When you have small cracks in the line, the tree roots seek out the water and get into the pipe, causing it to clog. Lastly, flushing non-flushable items down the toilet is a great way to clog up your main sewer line. Only flush toilet paper and human waste down.
If you’re sick of always running out of hot water, call us and ask about our tankless water heater service to find out if it’s an option for you.
Does Insurance Cover Main Sewer Line Repair?
In most cases, standard homeowners’ insurance policies don’t cover main sewer line repair unless something unexpected caused the damage; however, if the damage was caused by lack of maintenance or neglect, you’ll have to foot the bill yourself. Check with your insurance company to find out if purchasing extra insurance to cover this expensive repair is worth it.