While a plunger can effectively remove some types of clogs, it’s not always the best solution – especially when it comes to clogs deep in your property's drain pipes or sewer line. If you’re dealing with a stubborn clog, you may need to try a different method. In this article, we'll show you two different drain cleaning methods – augering and water jetting – that can help give you long-term results against clogs caused by tree roots, hardened grease, or some other tricky item.
Contact a professional drain cleaning service if you need help clearing a tough clog. They will have the tools and experience necessary to quickly and effectively clear your drain. Titan Plumbing And Electric is a trusted drain cleaning service provider. We have years of experience helping homeowners and businesses with their plumbing needs, including drain cleaning. Contact us today to talk to one of our experts and schedule a service.
Augering is a drain cleaning method that uses a long tool to reach deep into your property's drain pipes and sewer line. This tool is called a drain snake, drain auger, plumber's cable, and so on. A drain snake has some unique features:
- A long, flexible steel cable that is inserted into the pipe and then turned to break up the clog. This can be an effective way to remove tree roots or other tough clogs.
- A spiraling head that can grab onto the clog and help pull it out of the pipe. This is located at the end of the cable and is the auger section of the drain auger. As the plumber sends the cable further down the pipe, the auger also turns, which helps to break up the clog.
If the auger is able to break up the clog, it can then be flushed down your drain pipe. However, most times, the auger hooks onto the clog and pulls it back out of the drain pipe. This can be messy but can provide you with long-term relief from the clog.
Water jetting or hydro jetting is a newer drain cleaning technology that is becoming more popular among homeowners and businesses. This method uses high-pressure water to blast through grease, tree roots, sediment, and other tough blockages. Water jetting can be effective at clearing even the most stubborn clogs.
A water jetting system has a large water tank and a long hose that is inserted into your property's sewer line through one of the cleanouts. This hose has a high-pressure nozzle on the end that blasts water through the pipe at very high pressure. The pressure of the water is strong enough to break up the toughest clogs and wash them away.
Water jetting is a safe and effective drain cleaning method. It can provide you with long-term results against clogs, and it will not damage your drain pipes. This makes it a great choice for homeowners who want to avoid having to deal with clogs in the future.
Benefits of Drain Augering
Although drain augering is one of the oldest drain cleaning methods, it is still popular among homeowners and businesses. This is because it has many benefits, including:
- Augering is a very effective way to remove clogs.
- It can be used on most types of drain pipes, including sewer lines.
- It is less expensive than some other drain cleaning methods, such as hydro jetting.
- It is a fast and easy way to clear a drain. If you have a clog that needs to be removed, augering is a great option.
Benefits of Water Jetting
- Hydro jetting eliminates all types of clogs, including grease, sludge, tree roots, and sediment.
- It is safe for all types of drain pipes, including sewer lines.
- It can remove years of built-up grime from your drain pipes. This makes it an effective way to prevent future clogs.
- It is a fast and easy way to clear a drain.
- Water jetting is less likely to damage your drain pipes than some other methods, such as chemical drain cleaners.
If you have a deep clog that needs to be removed, using a snake auger may not be enough. In this case, you may need to use a drain cleaning method that can reach further down into your pipes. Water jetting is a great option for this because it can remove clogs that are located deep in your drain pipes.
Do You Need Help With Your Drains?
If you are having problems with your drains, contact Titan Plumbing And Electric. We offer both drain augering and hydro jetting drain cleaning services. We will inspect your drain and recommend the best course of action to take. Contact us today at (813) 680-2075 to schedule a consultation.